Monday, 19 March 2018

I’m still in APC — Nkire

I’m still in APC — Nkire
The leader of the Abia State Caucus of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Sam Nkire, has dismissed the rumour that he is on his way out of the ruling party. 
Nkire, who reacted to recent stories making the round about his future in the party he helped to found, in a statement, said, “I am still in APC and will remain in APC for some time to come.

“I remain a member of the Board of Trustees, member of the National Caucus and leader of the Abia State Caucus of the All Progressives Congress until the end of June 2018 when APC will hold its national convention, at least,” he said. 
He described the rumour that he was exiting the party because he had not been favoured with any political appointment as cheap and insulting, adding that, “I have in the last 30 years been in the limelight and, therefore, think that I may have had enough of political appointments.
“Our political leaders must begin to see things differently and be able to tell their followers that not everybody must have political appointment all the time,” he said.
Chief Nkire advised all those who still felt neglected to continue to be patient while keeping faith with the party, as according to him, “APC reward system is bound to improve next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment